Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Its been a while!

Ive been a horrible blogger lately. Ive created so many delicious dishes and tried out a number of recipes and Ive just been too busy (or lazy) to post. Well, thats the end of that. I'll start with lunch today and back track for the next few days to catch everyone up on whats been going on in my kitchen!

Cheezy Nacho Hemp Dip
adapted from Kristen's Raw

1/3c. water
1/4c. hemp seed hearts
1/4 red bell pepper
1/4c. nutritional yeast
1-2 garlic clove
1 tsp braggs liquid aminos
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. cumin
pinch of salt

Toss into a blender and blend until smooth.

Makes about a half cup.
INFO: 45 calories per tablespoon.

Now for lunch, I ripped up three leaves of kale tossed them with two tablespoons of the dip (diluted with about 2 tsp water just to coat the leaves better) and baked them for about 10-12 minutes at 375F. In the future I would do two things differently: one, keep a better eye on them so I dont get any burnt kale chips and two, add more of the dip. The taste was barely there... still good but I like intense flavours.

On the side I made a quick tofu and carrot salad. Simple mixing frozen and dethawed medium firm tofu with 1/4 cup finely shredded carrot, a splash of braggs, 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast, salt/pepper, and garlic powder. Just crumble the tofu into a dish and mix everything together.



Dinner wasnt too special but it was (is... Im still working on it as Im posting) pretty tasty. I picked up some veggie california rolls at the supermarket today as well as some mushroom that I marinated in braggs (diluted with water) and I finished up the last of my edamame. Ive never had raw marinated mushrooms before and I have to say, Im VERY impressed.





The other thing I just wanted to mention is that for some reason unknown to me... Im unable to comment on ANY blogs hosted by Blogger. Its getting EXTREMELY frusterating as I want to be able to let you know how awesome all of your recipes are and than you all for your kindness! So just a heads up, Im not ignoring anyone. And if anyone has a clue whats going on let me know! Thank you so much.

No comments: