Monday, December 6, 2010

Yeast Free Pumpkin Bread

Im out of yeast and out of my delicious pumpkin rolls from my last post. What to do, what to do...

I found a recipe online and adapted it to my tastes. Obviously this meant tweaking the recipe to add pumpkin into it. I also substituted bread flour for the whole wheat because its all I had on hand.

It turned out amazingly. I formed the bread into ten rolls or biscuits instead of the loaf and theyre delicious.


Yeast Free Pumpkin Bread
adapted from Food.com

3 cups bread flour
1 tsp salt
2 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
4 tsp baking powder
1 cup unsweetened soy milk
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
2 tbsp water
1/4 cup earth balance, melted

Preheat oven to 400F.
In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients (#1-4). In a smaller bowl combine the remaining ingredients and add to the dry mix.
Stir until combined but DONT over stir.
Form into 10 balls and place on a greased baking sheet.
Bake for 25 minutes.

No comments: