Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Curried Carrot and Parsnip Soup

This recipe has been on my radar for quite a while. (CLICK HERE for the original.)

There were a lot few changes to this recipe than my other experiments. There were the major adaptations (veganizing and making it soy free) and some minor ones (adding a little more oomph where it was lacking). The breakdown is as follows:

Substitutions:

-5 3/4c. water and 2 veggie boullion cubes for the chicken stock
-160ml (one small can) coconut milk for the tofu

Additions:

- 2tbsp + 2tsp. extra curry powder
- 1tsp. cumin
- extra bay leaf
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
-1/2 tbsp. olive oil

I also decided to saute the onions and garlic in olive oil before adding the ingredients to the pot. The rest of the instructions remained the same.



It made 7 cups of soup at 155 calories per cup and was absolute YUM.


Ive been making so much soup lately Im surprised its not coming out of my ears! Not only did I make this soup today, I made a Tomato Soup as well just to use up some cherry tomatoes I got at 50% off at the grocery store a few days prior. So keep an eye out for that recipe in the near future! (Also get excited for my Vanilla Cashew Milk recipe and another delicious wrap!)

No comments: