Saturday, October 23, 2010

This is Good Stuff

Gardein marinara chik'n good stuff. Another one of my vegan finds while I was down in the States. Ive been back for well over a month but these babies have been hibernating in the back of my freezer.

Not anymore!!


(I started to dig in before I could even take the picture!)

The first bite actually disappointed me. It may have been just my personally preferences with certain herbs and spices but something was not agreeing with my palate. Then I took the second bite, and the third and fourth. And hey! It was delicious! Apparently my taste buds just needed to get acquainted with this different flavour.

I was pretty hungry tonight so I ignored the baking instructions opting instead to dethaw in the microwave for about 2 minutes and then proceeding to put it in the toaster oven at 425F for 10 minutes. I really dont think it wouldve made a difference in the product if I followed the suggested preparation. It had a crispy breading that browned to perfection and the chik'n had a really nice texture without being dry. Cutting into it the marinara sauce and Daiya cheese (you all know how I love Daiya) oozed out from inside and was warm, cheezy, and yum.

Overall, Im impressed. Im most certainly going to enjoy this all over again very soon. (There are two per pack.) And it paired very well with sauteed zucchini. Perfectly satisfying.


**This is my OWN personal opinion that Im sharing with the world. In no way have I been paid or otherwise compensated for this product review.

No comments: