Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Dentists and Agave Nectar

A quick dinner for a hectic day. Earlier on, I had a dentist appointment, so lunch was a Soy Pumpkin Spice Frappacino from Starbucks because solid foods tend to be impossible when you cant feel half your face. By the time I got home for dinner, I was obviously starving and wanted something I could whip up quick.



I ended up pan frying a bunch of cauliflower (heated first for 2 minutes in the microwave) with a tofu patty (Zogolos Vegetarian Choice) and half a Quorn chik'n cutlet and a piece of rye toast. Then I just whipped up a quick serving of Road's End Organic Chreeze sauce for the cauliflower and DINNER! Then I of course topped everything with nutritional yeast and put a bit of vanilla agave nectar on the toast.

The tofu patty and the chik'n cutlet were good but rather bland until I added nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper to the pan while they cooked. Once they cooked together with the additions, both were delicious.

Agave nectar, by the way, is wonderful. Much better than syrup, just like Ive been told. It was my first experience with it and it is definitely worth the money.

No comments: