Saturday, September 25, 2010

A House of Many Pancakes

This morning I wanted something different. Ive been having difficulty lately in decided what to eat. Its always oatmeal or sometimes a muffin and I felt the need to step outside the box. Riffling through the cupboards I saw pancake mix. PERFECT.

But Im stepping outside the box here. I cant just have plain old pancakes. So I got creative and Im currently enjoying an exciting pancake breakfast.



Pancake Number One: Chocolate with Powdered sugar! (Add 1/2 tsp. cocoa powder to 1/4 c. pancake batter and top with 1 tsp. powdered sugar.) ** Adds 20 calories to your total.

Pancake Number Two:
Pumpkin with Maple Syrup! (Add 2 tsp. canned pumpkin and a sprinkling of pumpkin pie spice to 1/4 c. pancake batter and top with 1 tbsp. sugar free maple syrup.) ** Adds < 5 calories to your total.

Pancake Number Three: Vanilla Oatmeal with Agave Nectar! (Add 1 tbsp. old fashioned rolled oats and 1/4 tsp. vanilla to 1/4 c. pancake batter and top with 1/2 tbsp. agave nectar.) ** Adds 55 calories to your total.

In the future, Id probably add more pumpkin and spice to Pancake Two. The flavour wasnt very strong. Id also think about adding a bit of vanilla to Pancake One as well. But goodness, Im glad I took a break from the everyday!

There are so many different pancake flavours to try still. How about cinnamon raisin, apple, or blueberry? And I saw something about carrot cake pancakes on the internet a few weeks ago. Maybe I'll have pancakes again this week.

No comments: